This is a composite of articles gleaned from the internet and tech professional about the use of social media and how to keep yourself and your data safe. Hopefully, these will assist you in making decisions about your future use of social media.
Note: the articles in this collection do not necessarily reflect my opinions, but are hopefully presented in an equal manner to all sides.
Several months I published a blog about the use of technology in the church. It contains some warning about security and effective use of various social media tools. It can be read at Technology – A Blessing or a Curse?
Each article will be noted by its link so it can be read entirely independent of the others.
- 8 Facebook Privacy Settings You Need to Check Now
- Here’s How to Download Your Data from Facebook. It May Be a Wake-up Call
- How to Stop Third-Party Apps from Using Your Facebook Data and Protect Your Privacy
- 98 Personal Data Points that Facebook Uses to Target Ads to You
- 6 Ways You Invite Hackers to Steal Your Personal Information
- Facebook overhauls News Feed to focus on what friends and family share
- Facebook is trying to get its users to share more personal information
- This is when you should unfriend someone from Facebook according to Aristotle
- Is It Time to Delete Facebook?
- Want to Delete Facebook? You Can Try
- Want to Purge Your Social Media Timelines? Can You Spare a Few Hours?
- Erasing Yourself From the Internet is Nearly Impossible. But Here’s How You Can Try.
- What If a healthier Facebook is just . . . Instagram?
- Don’t Delete Facebook. Do Something About it
- Is Social Media “Ripping Apart” Society?
- Facebook Turned Our Economy Into a Spying Operation
The Rev deniray mueller, Legislative Liaison, Diocese of Southern Ohio, 1 April 2018